Improve search capabilities
- Replace the button "Search among my own files" by a "More option" button
- This button will show more search options below the search line edit
New search options¶
- User can define a range of size
- User can specify a file type (based on the file extension), for example:
- Audio: [mp3, mp2, mid, wav, ogg, wma, aac, flac, au, aiff]
- Compressed: [zip, ace, rar, tar.gz, tar.gz2, tar.bz]
- Document: [html, htm, doc, txt, nfo, odt, etc...]
- Executable: [exe, msi]
- Picture: [jpg, jpeg, gif, png, eps, img, pct, psp, pic, tif, rle, bmp, pcx]
- Video: [mpg, mpeg, mov, m4v, asf, avi, pxp, wmv, ogm, mlv, rm, rmvb, divx]
- Subtitle: [sub, srt, etc..]
- User can tick a box to search among its own files
Data result presentation¶
- User can sort a search result by clicking the column headers.
- Do not separate folder and files anymore
- By default, sorted by the "relevance" column
A solution to search with extensions is to create a second index containing only extensions and do not index the file extension in the first index. A simple hash map may be enough for the extensions. Thus the terms will never match any extension.
Extension are stored as meta-data with the semantic of "file type".